Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Holidays and other Christian topics.
Instead of making resolutions about things which will pass away or do only good to yourself, how about making some resolutions which will help you be a better Christian in 2010? Everyone is different and has different talents and spiritual needs at this time, but here are a few suggestions:
1. Read the Bible every day.
2. Go to church as often as you can, more than once a week if possible.
3. Make someone smile everyday, particularly strangers.
4. Be kind to someone new every day.
5. Give more to charity.
6. Give and never tell anyone you did it.
7. Tithe more.
8. Volunteer more.
9. Make a regular prayer time and stick to it.
10. Develop a regular prayer, reading and church schedule and stick to it.
11. Read more Christian material and less nonsense.
12. Watch more spiritual material and less nonsense.
13. Pray for wisdom, strength, love, mercy..
14. Always give God the glory.
You may not be able to do all these things, and you may have others you know you need to make. That's all right. Remember to not beat yourself up and get discouraged if sometimes you fail or you forget. Ask God for forgiveness and strength and start again. Phillipians 4:13 - "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
|Sheri Ann Richerson|