Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Quick Quotes and Quips and other Christian topics.
The following five quotes are directly from the Bible and relate to the necessity for and act of forgiveness.
1. The Bible describes the importance of forgiveness in Mark 11:25:
"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
2. The Bible elaborates on the importance of forgiveness in Matthew 6:14-15:
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
3. The Bible explains how the Lord views forgiveness in Isaiah 1:18:
"Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."
4. The Bible instructs you in how to show forgiveness in Micah 7:18-19:
"Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea."
5. The Bible also emphasizes the need to forget the wrongs done in Hebrews 10:17:
"Then he adds: 'Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more'."
So, next time you feel someone has wronged you, remember the words from these wise men. Forgiveness is Christian – and it is of the utmost importance.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|